1850 Johnson County TN Census Abstract
- Recently, I transcribed the census records for Johnson County Tn. The Original Johnson
- County on-line genealogy hostess, Mary Floy Katzman, noticed the wonderful work
- being done with the Davie Co., NC 1850 census, where they are trying to identify the
- wives, give their maiden names and marriage dates. This is a wonderful resource! So,
- I have tried to do something similar for us. I have taken the heads of households for
- 1850, and the lady of the house, and tried to find (from numerous sources) her maiden
- name, and when and where they wed. There are some I could not find, and I hope that
- you can help fill in these blanks. There could also be mistakes, where I have the wrong
- name for a wife, so any corrections are welcome too!
- The data in black text is straight from the census records, as best I could read. I did not
- for correct spelling, and so you may find that your ancester is not listed the way you
- spell that name, but rather the way the census taker spelled it, that day. The text in red
- is NOT from the census records, but rather my best try at identifying the women, and
- marriage data. The data is indexed alphabetically, and also listed in order of visitation,
- divided by districts and pages.
2 Hall, William 42 and Elizabeth 35 Elizabeth Arnold 3-20-1838 Johnson Co., TN
this is family #2,Surname HALL, his age is 42, her age is 35, her maiden name, marriage date, where married.